Deal Drivers Africa 2016
After several years of steadily increasing M&A activity, African deal making has made the final step to firmly entrench itself into the global marketplace. Despite political turmoil in many countries, a prolonged downturn in the commodities cycle and related currency risk, Africa’s top economies have maintained investor interest with strong momentum in M&A across the majority of sectors. This is one of the key findings of the fourth edition of “Deal Drivers Africa”, published by Mergermarket in collaboration with Control Risks.
In this report
- Most attractive M&A targets
- Intra-African deals increasing
- Foreign buyers – most from Europe & Asia-Pacific
- Energy, mining & utilities – 79% of M&A activity
- Regulatory uncertainty – greatest obstacle to M&A