Enterprise Risk Management
As the approach to risk management matures at varying rates around the world, companies increasingly look to consulting firms to develop and implement their risk management frameworks. This too often results in the development of standalone policy documents and guidelines that, while conforming to various international standards, provide little practical support to the business.
Our approach is different. Through our extensive global and pan-sector operational experience, Control Risks is uniquely placed to provide clients with a range of risk consulting support across functional areas and management tiers, from finance to operations and from CEOs to regional risk managers. Although we understand the requirement to conform to international standards, our focus is always on the practical application of risk management so that our clients are not only compliant, but benefit operationally from our advice.
- Enterprise Risk Management – acting as an independent third party to review and benchmark an existing framework, or helping clients to develop and implement ERM in their organisation
- Governance, Risk and Compliance – advising our clients on their GRC exposure across their organisation or in specific functional areas (IT, physical security, compliance), and providing practical and pragmatic solutions
- Business resilience – helping our clients to develop resilience against a range of potential threats, utilising our information security, crisis management and business continuity capabilities, and physical security design and engineering capabilities
- Maturity assessments – working with our clients to benchmark their risk management maturity against peers, international best practice or standards
Our global office network and diverse team of professional consultants gives us the flexibility to pull together project teams to meet our clients’ needs. We can call on professional risk managers and analysts, subject matter and industry experts, compliance professionals, auditors, and accountants, to form teams led by qualified project managers.
Recent consulting projects include:
- Control Risks was brought in to design and build a sustainable ERM structure for a pharmaceutical manufacturer with significant global operations. Our client had not previously formally evaluated its risk profile using a comprehensive ERM framework, and Control Risks worked hand-in-hand with their internal stakeholders to build an ERM structure and achieve buy-in from senior executives, including the CEO, on risks identified and associated mitigation strategies.
- We conducted a top-down review and assessment of the governance and risk management framework within a national public transport authority, benchmarking it against international best practice, regional peers and recognised standards. This culminated in the delivery of a practical implementation roadmap to guide our client through the necessary steps to reach its stated goals.