- Guatemala: Protest reflects increasing pressure by indigenous constituency to secure constitutional reform
- Mexico: Nationwide uptick in violence reflects changing dynamics related to organised criminal groups
- Costa Rica: Security minister’s announcement highlights emergence of threats in security environment
- Brazil: Cargo theft schemes underline strength of specialised criminal gangs
- Kazakhstan: Political stability risks unlikely to rise in first half of 2017 despite evidence of decline in living standards
- Finland: Labour market uncertainty likely to increase amid breakdown of framework agreements
- Tanzania: New media law to increase investment restriction risk
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Genocide case against Serbia likely to lead to state government collapse, worsening inter-entity relations
- Egypt: Investment in hydrocarbons sector to improve prospects for repayment
- Iraq: Failed vehicle bombing targeting Karbala province underscores persistent militant threat
- Direct Action: Protests, strikes highlight peaceful nature of pro-diversity protests, threat of minor business disruption
- Egypt: Arrests of militants in North Sinai underline challenges faced by counterinsurgency operations
- Eritrea: Reported arrest of journalists highlights continued repression of suspected dissidents
- Iraq: Sunni political conference, draft reconciliation document unlikely to reduce political tensions
- Kuwait: Plan to question prime minister highlights risk of political instability
- Saudi Arabia: Border incidents, missile intercepts do not indicate change to status quo
- Libya: Customs duty hike unlikely to ease sovereign risk
- China: New inspections, top leadership meeting point to sustained anti-corruption efforts
- Thailand: Agreement on ceasefire zone unlikely to mitigate security risks in insurgency-hit far south
- Asia & the Pacific: Border dispute over road project unlikely to strain Cambodia-Laos relations, trigger conflict
Control Risks In The News
Below are links to some of the most recent articles that Control Risks' consultants have contributed to. Click more for the articles in full.
2017: A year of acute uncertainty for business
Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - ...reviews of their approaches to risk management, a report said. Control Risks, a specialist risk consultancy, has published its annual The high......
Romanian political turmoil will have long-term consequences
Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - ...stability, points out Stina Hartikainen, associate analyst Europe at Control Risks. Bridging the gulf between the government and much of the......
Riskmap 2017: A Year of Acute Uncertainty for Business
Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - ...(targeting new opportunities) or Whales (becoming too big to fail) Control Risks (www. Challenge to globalisation and free trade highlighted by US......
'One Belt, One Road' makes slow progress
Monday, February 06, 2017 - ...Belt, One Road' makes slow progress Dane Chamorro of Control Risks says China's initiative to develop transport infrastructure connecting it......
Allanna Skeels: Fraud against organizations shifts to the cyber realm
Sunday, February 05, 2017 - ...Skeels is the regional lead for data analytics in Asia Pacific for Control Risks. She specializes in providing data-led proactive solutions to......
Budget 2017: As the world looks on, India moves slowly towards a cleaner economy
Thursday, February 02, 2017 - ...fastest growing large economy. James Owen is Senior Partner, Control Risks a global specialist risk consultancy dealing with security risks,...
Stability Is Good for Business. Trump’s Whims Threaten It
Thursday, February 02, 2017 - ...out. Richard Fenning, the chief executive officer of consulting firm Control Risks, told Bloomberg TV that the president has had this extraordinary......
Trump picks on another ally: What to know about US-Australia spat, and how it could alter ties
Thursday, February 02, 2017 - ...agenda, said Lauren O'Neil, Asia Pacific senior consultant at Control Risks, but the arrangement is nevertheless non-negotiable for Australia....
1 to 8 of 10 results