- Congo (DRC): Mediators’ withdrawal from election deal to prompt renewed unrest
- Nigeria: Raid in Borno state highlights ideological differences between Islamist militant factions
- Mid East & N Africa: Conflict between Israel and Hamas or Hizbullah increasingly likely over next two years
- Libya: Blockades underscore potential for disruption to energy assets
- Egypt: Arrests of militants, Islamic State affiliate’s video underscore EXTREME security risk in North Sinai
- Russia: Widespread truck driver protests likely to cause significant operational disruption, delays on delivery routes
- Uzbekistan: Modest regulatory changes do not indicate broader relaxation of currency, capital controls
- Singapore: Terrorism risk LOW amid strong, improving state surveillance and response capabilities
- Thailand: Implementation delays, project reviews likely to plague rail projects despite governmental push
- Malaysia: Risk of erratic changes in foreign worker policy likely to persist amid political sensitivities
- Indonesia: Planned protest in the capital unlikely to escalate into serious violence; tensions to persist
- Benin: Contention around constitutional reform process unlikely to fuel major unrest
- South Korea: Former opposition leader retains lead in polls, primaries, likely to win presidential election
- India: Racially motivated attacks in capital underline security risks to African nationals
- France: Violence after Chinese man’s death underlines tendency for anti-police protests to descend into rioting
- Yemen: Coalition likely to attempt to retake Hodeidah, but speed of success dependent on US support
- China: Anti-corruption drive to strengthen with wider enforcement scope, greater institutionalisation
- Turkmenistan: Reports of high unemployment underscore economic decline, associated non-payment, contract repudiation risks
- Colombia: Doubts about alleged dissident guerrillas signal risks to credibility of peace agreement
- Paraguay: Accusations of constitutional breach underline heightened tensions, governability challenges
Control Risks In The News
Below are links to some of the most recent articles that Control Risks' consultants have contributed to. Click more for the articles in full.
How Airlines Are Handling U.S. & U.K. Electronics Bans
Monday, March 27, 2017 - ...maintaining an adherence to the scheme," according to ISOS and Control Risks travel security expert James Wood. "Disruption while the restriction......
Control Risks insists forex remains challenge for economy
Monday, March 27, 2017 - Control Risks insists forex remains challenge for economy Control Risks, an independent, global risk consulting company, has insisted that the......
Ram redux: will India return to the days of temple strife?
Sunday, March 26, 2017 - ...Siddharth Goel, senior analyst, South Asia, at global risk consultancy Control Risks. Modi has every incentive to ensure that things don t get......
Duty of care and Westminster terror
Friday, March 24, 2017 - Paris, Brussels and London, said a director of the risk consultancy Control Risks after the March 22 terror attack on Westminster Bridge and the Houses......
Low-tech terrorist attacks like in London will be 'much more common' and the West must adapt
Friday, March 24, 2017 - ...low-tech terror. Jonathan Wood, director of global risk analysis at Control Risks, told CNBC that low-tech terrorism would become "much more......
'Public spaces' the modern terrorist targets | Euronews
Thursday, March 23, 2017 - ...Euronews reporter Nial O Reilly spoke to Jonathan Wood who leads Control Risks analysis of transnational terrorism. Nial O Reilly: The Westminster......
Lea: The Difficulty of Preventing Vehicle Attacks
Thursday, March 23, 2017 - ...trend, says David Lea, senior Europe analyst at the consultancy Control Risks. He spoke to Daybreak Europe s Caroline Hepker and Markus Karlsson......
Cabin or hold? Tech ban latest step in bomb detection battle
Thursday, March 23, 2017 - ...detonation, according to Jonathan Wood, a director of UK consultancy Control Risks. Headaches over shifting security measures don't end there....
1 to 8 of 10 results